Diploma in architecture
INTAKES: MARCH, JULY, NOVEMBER
Architecture is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures. It is an art that reflects human feelings and dreams in shapes within science, environment, and humanity. Architectural works, in the material form of buildings, are often perceived as cultural symbols and as works of art. Historical civilizations are often identified with their surviving architectural achievements.
Architecture is a highly respected, creative and challenging profession. The range of specialisations chosen by architects include commercial, retail, industrial and institutional developments, housing, historical building conservation and renovation and building interiors; client brief writing, urban design, planning appeal submissions and presentation assessment; stage set and exhibition design; property and construction management.
At KLT, our Diploma in Architecture is aimed specifically at meeting the needs of the architectural profession and to equip students with the knowledge, skills competencies and awareness relating to architecture profession.
The programme also aims to:
- Produce graduates who are capable of demonstrating competence in the analysis, synthesis, judgement and communication within the architectural practice profession;
- Ensure that a high standard is maintained in all aspects of teaching.
Our program is accredited by Malaysia Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- Pass SPM or its equivalent with a minimum of credit in THREE (3) subjects including Mathematics ; or
- Pass UEC with grade ‘B’ in THREE (3) subjects including Mathematics ; or
- Other equivalent qualifications as recognized by the Malaysian Government.
- 2 years 9 months
Total Credit Hours
- 94 hours
Total Programme Fee
- RM 16,200
- Environmental Science
- Communication & Architectural Graphics I
- Principles of Architecture
- Introduction to AutoCAD
- Communication in the Workplace
- Communication & Architectural Graphics II
- Architecture Project I
- Construction Technology I
- Building By-Laws
- CAD Applications
- Architecture Project II
- Construction Technology II
- Eastern History of Architecture
- Architecture Project III
- Building Services
- Construction Technology III
- Industrial Training
- Western History of Architecture
- Architecture Project IV
- Introduction to Landscape Architecture
- Working Drawings
- Architecture Project V
- Environmentally Responsible Design
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A or Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Moral dan Etika or Pengajian Islam
- Khidmat Masyarakat
Industrial Advisor: AR Chang Jih Ren
In efforts to enhance the quality of its programme and to enable staff and students to get the latest updates of the industry, AR Chang Jih Ren is officially appointed as the Industrial Advisor of Architecture Department, Kolej Laila Taib. This appointment is in line with the college’s vision to ensure that the college’s programmes are industry relevant and that our students are job ready when they graduate from the college. AR Chang started his practice in 1981 and since then has been involved in urban planning, architecture, landscape architecture, interior designing and project management. Throughout his years of practice in Malaysia, AR Chang’s designs has won him several awards ranging from timber houses to stadiums.