Diploma in INTERIOR architecture
INTAKES: MARCH, JULY, NOVEMBER
Interior Architecture is an exciting program designed for students to delve deeper into the creative aspect of built environment design. It is the art of visualizing interior ambiance and developing the interior environment. Interior architects need to be creative, innovative, imaginative and artistic. Therefore, students will engage in various aspects of design for interior environments and develop skills which enable them to contribute to the profession with creativity and confidence.
You’ll participate in a vibrant studio culture, sharing ideas and techniques. Using fundamental drawing, model-making, and related software, you will explore the re-imagining of space for new or different purposes while developing a critical understanding of the experience of space.
There are multiple pathways through the course, enabling you to develop your passions by learning new techniques while maintaining your unique creative identity. Our module supports you in determining the design contribution you wish to make to society upon graduation.
The programme aims to:
- To produce graduates with competency in design theories, problem-solving techniques, methodologies, and design applications to become practitioners in Interior Architecture industry.
- To produce graduates with knowledge pertaining to interior design and built environment that enable them to pursue Bachelor’s degree in Interior Architecture or related programme and continual development through lifelong learning.
- To produce graduates with ethical and entrepreneurial skills that can improve the welfare of occupants and environmental quality.
This new program has obtained Provisional Accreditation from MQA N/581/4/0111(MQA/PA 14174).
- Pass SPM or its equivalent with a minimum of credit in THREE (3) subjects; or
- Pass UEC with grade ‘B’ in THREE (3) subjects; or
- Other equivalent qualifications as recognized by the Malaysian Government.
- 2 years 9 months
Total Credit Hours
- 91 hours
Total Programme Fee
- RM 14,840
- Architectural Graphic and Communication I
- Environmental Science
- Principles of Design
- Introduction to AutoCAD
- Interior Architecture Project I
- Architectural Graphic and Communication II
- History of Eastern Architecture
- Building Technology
- Interior Architecture Project II
- History of Western Architecture
- CAD Applications
- Furniture Design
- Interior Architecture Project III
- Space Planning
- Building Services
- Communication in the Workplace
- Industrial Training
- Interior Architecture Project IV
- Interior Materials and Applications
- Interior Architecture Project V
- Interior Working Drawing
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A or Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Moral dan Etika or Pengajian Islam
- Khidmat Masyarakat
- Introduction to Landscape Architecture
- Environmentally Responsible Design
- Environmental Psychology