DIPLOMA IN Accounting
INTAKES: MARCH, JULY, NOVEMBER
Accounting involves the analysis of information to effectively manage business resources. It guides investment decisions and facilitates interaction between business and stakeholders. At KLT, our Accounting Programme is aimed specifically at meeting the needs of the accounting profession and to equip students with relevant knowledge and skills.
KLT Accounting Programme provides plenty of opportunities to develop core competencies, such as accounting analysis, critical thinking and oral and written communication skills. Students will expand their analytical abilities through continually scrutinize, critique and synthesize complex information. The core competencies gained from this programme offer a perfect blend of both accountancy and financial topics.
This programme aims to:
- Provide graduates with the fundamental knowledge and understanding of concepts, theories, applications and approaches of accounting in business.
- Ensure that high standards are achieved and maintained in all aspects of teaching.
Our program is accredited by Malaysia Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- Pass SPM or its equivalent with a minimum of credit in THREE (3) subjects including Mathematics and a pass in English; or
- Pass UEC with grade ‘B’ in THREE (3) subjects including Mathematics and a pass in English; or
- Other equivalent qualifications as recognized by the Malaysian Government.
- 2 years 4 months
Total Credit Hours
- 92 hours
Total Programme Fee
- RM 15,840
- Business Mathematics
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Accounting
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Finance
- Communication in the Workplace
- Financial Accounting I
- English Language
- Business Statistics
- Financial Accounting II
- Cost & Management Accounting I
- Cost & Management Accounting II
- Business Ethnics
- Business Law
- Financial Management
- Marketing Practices
- Financial Reporting I
- Taxation I
- Company Law
- Taxation II
- Financial Reporting II
- Audit & Assurance
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A or Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Moral dan Etika or Pengajian Islam
- Khidmat Masyarakat
Industrial Advisor: Mr Mok Hua Ping
Mr Mok Hua Ping has been appointed as industrial advisor of Kolej Laila Taib for Accounting Programme effective from 1st July 2019, to assist in the development of KLT’s Accounting Diploma Programme to be in line with national economic transformation programme. Mr Mok Hua Ping is member of Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants (CPA Australia) and also member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA). He is currently the manager of Sibu branch in Hii King Hiong & Co.