DIPLOMA IN Electrical & Electronic Engineering
INTAKES: MARCH, JULY, NOVEMBER
Electrical & Electronic Engineering concerns the science and technology related to the way how the electrical energy is generated, stored, transmitted and used for the benefits of mankind. It also places emphasis on power electronics, analogue and digital electronics, embedded microcontroller systems and control systems.
Our graduates could work in a wide range of industries from power generation & transmission, telecommunications, computers, robotics and even transportation. In addition, the diploma programme also behaves as a feeder programme to the bachelor degrees.
At KLT, its Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering is designed to train the students to understand the design, build, test and evaluate various electronic gadgets and electrical wiring. Extensive laboratory based practical work is fully integrated with the lecture material throughout the programme to help reinforce theory with hands-on experience.
This program aims to:
- Produce skilled workers with a solid professional competence for practical engineering work within the field of electrical and electronic, and geared towards national development.
Our program is accredited by Malaysia Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- Pass SPM or its equivalent with a minimum of credit in THREE (3) subjects including Mathematics and a Science-based subject and a pass in English; or
- Pass UEC with grade ‘B’ in THREE (3) subjects including Mathematics and a Science-based subject and a pass in English; or
- Other equivalent qualifications as recognized by the Malaysian Government.
- 2 years 9 months
Total Credit Hours
- 93 hours
Total Programme Fee
- RM 16,020
- Mathematics I
- Principles of Electricity
- Introduction to Electronics
- Communication in the Workplace
- Mathematics II
- Engineering Graphics
- Applied Mechanics
- Mathematics III
- Circuit Theory
- Field Theory
- Engineering Programming
- Signals and Systems
- Control Systems
- Power Electronics
- Electrical Wiring & Installation
- Industrial Training
- Digital Systems
- Electricity Supply and Distribution
- Engineering Management
- Communication Systems Engineering
- Electric Machine
- Microcomputer Engineering
- Final Year Project
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A or Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Moral dan Etika or Pengajian Islam
- Khidmat Masyarakat
Industrial Advisor: Ir Dr. Prashobh Kumar Karunakaran
In efforts to enhance the quality of its programme and to enable staff and students to get the latest updates of the industry, KLT had appointed Ir Dr. Prashobh Kumar Karunakaran as the Industrial Advisor for Electrical & Electronic Engineering Department. This appointment is in line with the college’s vision to ensure that the college’s programme are industry relevant and that our students are job ready when they graduate from the college. Dr. Ir. Prashobh Karunakaran is the owner and lecturer of Pusat Latihan Elektrik Dunia (PLED) & KARUNA TECHNOLOGIES, to teach Electrical Technology to all such that society can perform electrical functions with good understand of technology and safety. He is currently a Lecturer in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Radiation Protection Officer (RPO), and Career path management consultant.