DIPLOMA IN Civil Engineering
INTAKES: MARCH, JULY, NOVEMBER
Civil Engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. It is a wide-ranging profession which includes several specialized sub-disciplines, namely structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, transportation engineering, water supply and wastewater engineering, engineering surveying, etc.
Civil Engineering is greatly linked to knowledge of structures, materials science, geography, geology, soils, hydrology, environment, mechanics and other fields. It applies physical and scientific principles through physics and mathematics in solving problems of society. Thus, Civil Engineering is all about helping people and shaping the world.
At KLT, our Diploma in Civil Engineering Programme prepares students to enter the world of civil engineering and looks at the current global construction environment. Students are provided with skills training and life-long training through developing strong analysis and design skills, having real construction site exposure, preparing presentations and handling team projects.
The programme also aims to:
- To produce graduates who are readily undertaking engineering profession with competent theoretical and technical knowledge and able to communicate effectively and possess positive values in working with other participants in the civil engineering industry;
- To produce graduates with fundamental knowledge, practical and analytical skills that enable them to undertake Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering related programme and continual development through lifelong learning.
Our program is accredited by Malaysia Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- Pass SPM or its equivalent with a minimum of credit in THREE (3) subjects including Mathematics and a Science-based subject and a pass in English; or
- Pass UEC with grade ‘B’ in THREE (3) subjects including Mathematics and a Science-based subject and a pass in English; or
- Other equivalent qualifications as recognized by the Malaysian Government.
- 2 years 9 months
Total Credit Hours
- 93 hours
Total Programme Fee
- RM 16,800
- Mathematics I
- Communication in the Workplace
- Engineering Drawing
- Applied Mechanics
- Mathematics II
- Civil Engineering Materials
- Engineering Graphics
- Engineering Programming
- Mathematics III
- Construction Technology
- Theory of Structure
- Engineering Surveying I
- Fluid Mechanics
- Soil Mechanics
- Structural Analysis
- Engineering Surveying III
- Industrial Training
- Water Supply & Wastewater Engineering
- Structural Steel Design
- Structural Concrete Design
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Traffic & Highway Engineering
- Final Year Project
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A or Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Moral dan Etika or Pengajian Islam
- Khidmat Masyarakat
Industrial Advisor: Ir. Sia How Teck
Kolej Laila Taib (KLT) has officially appointed Ir. Sia How Teck, the director of S H T Konsultant and the member of APEC and EMF International Professional Engineer Register, as the industrial advisor of the Civil Engineering (CE) department. KLT has always been committed in delivering quality learning experience to our students. To ensure our students have the right skills that meet the expectations of their future employers, KLT has appointed Ir. Sia as an industrial advisor to enhance students’ industry exposure as well as promote engagement via learning.