DIPLOMA IN Quantity Surveying
INTAKES: MARCH, JULY, NOVEMBER
Quantity Surveying is a unique occupation and profession. Quantity surveyors give advices on the cost matters related to building/civil engineering contracts and act as accountants to the projects either during pre-contract or post-contract stages. They are also professionals with expert knowledge on contracts, and can therefore recommend appropriate procurement methods, prepare contract documents, evaluate contractual claims, etc.
Quantity surveyors can involve in building works, building services engineering works, civil engineering works and industrial engineering works. They work closely with architects, financiers, engineers, contractors, suppliers, project owners, accountants, insurance underwriters, solicitors and with all levels of government authorities. Quantity Surveyors are economists of the construction industry who have the responsibilities to ensure that all limited resources are being utilised in the best ways. They are the consultants within the team most directly concerned with obtaining ‘value for money’.
At KLT, its Diploma in Quantity Surveying is designed to equip and train the students with the knowledge of construction economics so as to enable them to perform quantity take-off, tender documentation and contractual services.
The programme aims to:
- Produce graduates who will become industrial leaders;
- Provide an affordable and yet recognised pathway for students who intend to pursue a degree programme at university level.
- Ensure that high standards are achieved and maintained in all aspects of teaching.
- Pass SPM or its equivalent with a minimum of credit in THREE (3) subjects including Mathematics & Bahasa Melayu or English
- Pass UEC with grade ‘B’ in THREE (3) subjects including Mathematics and Bahasa Malaysia or English; or
- Other equivalent qualifications as recognised by the Malaysian Government.
- 2 years 4 months
Total Credit Hours
- 93 hours
Total Programme Fee
- RM 16,020
- Construction & Development
- Communication in the Workplace
- Construction Technology I
- Engineering Drawing
- Theory of Structures
- Construction Technology II
- Building Quantities I
- Principles of Accounting
- Construction Technology III
- Land Surveying
- Building Quantities II
- Building Services
- Legal Studies
- Principles of Economics
- Building Quantities III
- Industrial Training
- Building Economics
- CE Construction & Quantities I
- Contract Admnistration
- Principles of Management
- Planning & Building By Laws
- CE Construction & Quantities II
- QS Practise and Procedure
- Integrated Final Year Project
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A or Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Moral dan Etika or Pengajian Islam
- Khidmat Masyarakat
Industrial Advisor: Sr Wong Chii Nguong
Kolej Laila Taib (KLT) has always been committed in delivering quality learning experience to our students. To ensure our students have the right skills that meet the expectations of their future employers, KLT has officially appointed Sr Wong Chii Nguong, the director of ELP Quantity Surveyors (Sarawak) Sdn Bhd as the industrial advisor of the Quantity Surveying (QS) department.