This is a Privacy Notice and shall govern Kolej Laila Taib in handling the Personal Information in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Please note that Kolej Laila Taib may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice and will notify you of any such changes via our website or by email.
Personal data that Kolej Laila Taib collects and processes from you may include:-
- Identity Card/Passport
- Contact Details
- Marital Status
- Family Background
- Previous Examination Result
- Academic Records
- Place of Birth
- Email Address
- Information in audio and/or video format (including voice, video recording and closed-circuit television (CCTV))
- Other related personal data required by management of Kolej Laila Taib
Source of Personal Data
Kolej Laila Taib collects your personal data from various sources such as:-
- Student or Potential Student
Your personal data is collected directly from the student/potential student or indirectly from his/her parents, guardians and/or recruitment agents through completed enquiry and/or applications forms in various means, including online and physical hardcopies.
- Parents/Guardians of Students or Potential Students
Your personal data is collected directly from parents/guardians or indirectly from student/potential student and/or recruitment agents through completed enquiry and/or applications forms in various means, including online and physical hardcopies.
- Supplier or Service Provider
Your personal data is collected directly from supplier/service provider or indirectly from supplier/service provider’s employer or credit reference when tendering for projects or as part of the commercial transactions.
Your personal data is collected directly from all individuals who seeks to be, are or were employed by Kolej Laila Taib.
Your personal data is collected directly previous employers or present employers.
Your IP address is automatically login into our server. We do not link your IP address to identify each link unless there is any serious breach. You may disable “Cookies” in your browser to prevent storage of certain data in your system. Kolej Laila Taib website may contain links to other sites which are given for your information. These sites may have their own privacy notice in place, we suggest you to review their privacy notice if you visit these linked website. We are not responsible for the content of the linked sites or any use of the site.
Purpose of Personal Data
Your personal data is collected and further processed by Kolej Laila Taib as required or permitted by law inclusive but not limited to the following purposes:-
- For general administration and record purposes
- For educational and related purposes consequential to Kolej Laila Taib
- For the government reports
- For performance management
- For communication purposes
- For advertorial and news
- To meet legal obligation
- To verify your internal/external grants/scholarships
- To process any benefits and services
- To process any payments related to the commercial transaction
- To track the provision of your goods and services entitled to us
- For internal records management
Disclosure of Personal Data
Kolej Laila Taib ensures that your personal data is restricted to Kolej Laila Taib’s employees who are required to access and process your personal data within their respective job requirements. Only the necessary personal data will be released to the relevant employees.
Information collected may be disclosed to various organisation, including:-
- Government department such as Ministry of Education, Malaysian Qualification Agency, PTPTN, EPF, SOCSO, Yayasan Sarawak, Department of Immigration, Department of Statistics, regulatory agencies and accreditation bodies.
- External organisations such as professional bodies, government departments or hospitals, in connection with your studies.
- Our partners, joint venture providers, and other education providers that provide external, exchange or other similar educational programmes.
- Foreign government, embassies and authorities if you are enrolled in a foreign accredited programme.
- Your education sponsors.
- Law enforcement regulatory and governmental agencies or by any order of court or to meet obligations to authorities
- Third parties such as
- insurance company,
- financial institutions for scholarship, loan, allowance, salary
- your authorised third parties
- your parents/guardians (students below the age of 18),
- Service providers that are appointed by Kolej Laila Taib such as auditors, lawyers, company secretary companies, contractors and etc.
Retention of Personal Data
Kolej Laila Taib shall retain your personal information in order to serve the above purposes, to fulfil legal and regulatory requirements, and to fulfil Kolej Laila Taib internal requirements. If the personal information is no longer required for the stated above purposes, thus the information will be destroyed and/or deleted.
By giving and submitting your personal data to Kolej Laila Taib means you had consented and agreed for your personal data to be used in accordance to the Privacy Notice and our relevant policy.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by legal law or regulatory requirements to do so.
Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent to Kolej Laila Taib to process your personal information by writing and addressed to us. We may request further information from you to confirm your identity if necessary. Failure to provide such personal information or withdrawal of your consent may result in Kolej Laila Taib not be able to fulfil our obligations and to provide effective services to you.
Access to Your Personal Data
You may access and update your personal data writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request further information from you to confirm your identity and right to access if necessary.
Note: This Privacy Notice shall be available in English and Malay. In the event of inconsistency, English version shall prevail.